An essay outline is a plan of your academic paper, where you structurize it and organize the main points into paragraphs so it would be easier for you to write an essay.
You can’t write an essay without outlining. Fine, you can do that if a low grade is okay for you to get. But those willing to craft a paper that’s worth A+ will need to create an essay outline and organize their research in one place before writing.
How to write an SAT essay:
- Read the prompt to understand the task.
- Read the sample passage, underlining the examples and evidence.
- Come up with a thesis statement.
- Outline your SAT essay.
- Write a draft.
- Edit it: check arguments and evidence, make sure there’s a logic in the essay.
- Proofread your SAT essay: check grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc.
Good news for those afraid of SAT essays:
This section is optional now. It means they won’t require you to write an SAT essay this year.