How to write an SAT essay:
- Read the prompt to understand the task.
- Read the sample passage, underlining the examples and evidence.
- Come up with a thesis statement.
- Outline your SAT essay.
- Write a draft.
- Edit it: check arguments and evidence, make sure there’s a logic in the essay.
- Proofread your SAT essay: check grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc.
Good news for those afraid of SAT essays:
This section is optional now. It means they won’t require you to write an SAT essay this year.