Students’ first thought when a teacher assigns a synthesis essay is something like, “What? Synthesis? Isn’t it anything from chemistry classes?”
Indeed, this essay type isn’t as popular as narrative, critical, or personal papers you regularly write in college. That’s why it would help to know how to write a synthesis essay beforehand, to meet a situation hand-on once it appears, agree?
And we’re here to get you through the process of synthesis paper writing!
First, in short:
Here’s how to write a synthesis essay, step by step:
- Choose a topic.
- Decide on sources.
- Do research and analyze the position of each source.
- Craft a thesis statement.
- Write a synthesis essay outline.
- Write a draft with a strong intro and conclusion.
- Proofread your essay and ensure you cite the sources right.
And those willing to get more details and synthesis essay examples, keep reading! 🙂